Thursday 25 March 2010

Don't you just hate it when...




I haven't written for a long time, mostly because I'm a very busy person at the moment (haha) and I wanted to leave Eddie Redmayne on the front page for a while hehe.
Anyway, once again, inspiration comes at night! I'm just thinking about a conversation I had today with a friend. It has nothing to do with film, nor fashion, nor french, nor fuck for that matter. It was about how we, girls (or guys..) behave differently when we like someone. OK this is going to be the corniest entry yet. I'm just really pissed off against myself and will be even more angry if this blog turns out to be a "teenager crying her heart out" kind of blog. NB: I am not a teen.
Why do we act differently in front of people we like? Why can't we just be ourselves? I know people with funky personalities who will just freeze in front of Mr Hottie.
I had coffee yesterday with this person I "kind of" like. (in RON's language, it means yes but I'm ashamed to admit going soft!! hopefully the person concerned will not be reading this)
I couldn't speak. Well I could but I really had nothing interesting to say. BORING. Each time I thought: no, he'll think you're a weirdo. No you can't say this, ain't politically correct! Hmm...the coffee ended with a couple of blanks, both of us, our noses in our empty cup of teas and the guy finally saying "should we maybe head back.." Nice. So my friend today explained to me that it was the same for her, the only difference is that she has been "going out" with this person for a couple of months. Will it ever change? Is there still hope?
It's not as if I'm socially inept or anything, I do have many guy friends. But when you don't care about what the other thinks about you (he's your friend, not your boyfriend), it's a whole different story. I did have deep and meaningful conversations with mystery man...but only when we were drunk.
Secondly, why can't we just say explicitly what we think or feel? It would make things so much easier. Who cares about moral or social values... "I like you too. Let's just skip the small talk and bussi bussi?" (I'm trying to remember if bussi bussi in german means kiss or something else less appropriate in this context).
I found the funniest article on the most "reliable" source (wikihow)... I typed shy girl in google and this is what came up:
How to have a relationship with a shy girl...
First: Determine what kind of shy your girl is.

If she is vague and trails off when speaking, she is conversationally shy.
If she is outgoing, but never gets past the small talk, she is cover-up shy. You might feel like she is hiding who she really is, when in fact, she may have been hurt in the past and is afraid to open up.
If she withdraws when you touch her, becomes more quiet or just changes herself in order to send negative signals, then she is physically shy.

Ok the rest is a mix of boring and hilarious advice.

http://www.wikihow.com/Have-a-Relationship-with-a-Shy-Girl

My favorite quotes: "Speak to her tenderly, so as not to scare her off"
"Do not feel offended if she doesn't warm up to you immediately, as everything takes time." Oh well thanks.

I keep listening to these songs. They are amazing. I love the beginning of the Two Door Cinema song...it's very Glee-acapella-like.
Cheryl Cole - couldn't resist! (I love how she went from chav to elegant fashion icon. Impressive)
Florence and the Machine - fantastic
Feist Remix by Boys Noize - two thumbs up





">

">

4 comments:

  1. id just like to let you know that i didt even get to the point where i would freeze up while talking to you (wish i did) i froze up in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a weirdo.
    how old are you again? You sound like a preteen, not college student.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im not a college student

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.wikihow.com/Socialize,-Be-Funny-and-Make-Friends

    ReplyDelete